Vauxhall Astra - Reverse Camera - Vauxhall Astra 2018 Reg - ma9gm

I've just recently bought a Vauxhall Astra 2018 petrol estate, and I want to get a reversing camera added. I'd like for it to connect straight into the dashboard screen. Is that possible? Is that even wise? Where's the best place to get one added? Any direction and help would be appreciated.

Vauxhall Astra - Reverse Camera - Vauxhall Astra 2018 Reg - elekie&a/c doctor
On the Astra K models , the central screen is just a monitor. The media interface control module sits up behind the dashboard, to the right of the pedals . You would need to find out if it’s got a video input facility. Otherwise it’s a stand alone unit fitted on the dash or windscreen.

That's helpful, thank you. Are the fitted monitor on the day board versions better than the rear view mirror versions?

I’ve only ever fitted the dash/ windscreen models , so can’t comment on the rear view mirror types . You can get Bluetooth systems now that are surprisingly good quality for not a lot of money.

Oh really? I was going to pay someone to install the camera etc but if I get a Bluetooth version I could do that myself. Maybe? Are they ready to install?

The Bluetooth system means there’s no cables front to back . The screen monitor needs a power supply and the rear camera needs a supply from the reverse lights circuit.

Ah, are they hard things to connect up or would I need to get someone else to do it? I'm a bit if a novice at it.

It’s not difficult to install, but finding the correct power supplies can be tricky. Get someone that knows what to do .
Vauxhall Astra - Reverse Camera - Vauxhall Astra 2018 Reg - Chris M

For a "factory fit" type option you could try a company called IntellilinkMods. They get good reviews on the Astra K forum. £189 fitted but you need to travel to the North East, although it can be DIY'd by post.