Honda Civic 1.4 2001 - Damsel in distress needs wheel / tyre help please. - Nanny C

Hi. Can someone knowledgeable on wheels / tyres guide me please?

I'm looking for a cheap COMPACT SPACE SAVER wheel and tyre (in good useable condition on ebay) and a confused about what I need exactly.

* My normal tyres are as the handbook says: 185/70R/14(88T)
* Handbook also says I need this space saver tyre: T125/70D/15 (95M)

A garage had a very brief look at the car, and told me to look for a used wheel that is 15" 4x100 wheel stud pattern, 56.1 centre bore.

I got home, and not knowing anything about wheels and tyres, I'm flummoxed, because there seems to be a mismatch - 14" & 15" both mentioned as above.
I hope I make sense?!

I want a compact wheel and tyre, not a regular sized wheel.

Help please. I don't want to spend money to find I've bought wrongly, and I can't ask for help at a wheel shop, as I'm not planning to buy from them - that would be cheeky ??

Thank you.

Honda Civic 1.4 2001 - Damsel in distress needs wheel / tyre help please. - badbusdriver

You go by what the handbook says, after all, Honda did make the car!. Doesn't matter that the spare wheel has a different diameter than those on the car, what does matter is that the overall circumference of the tyres are the same.

Edited by badbusdriver on 16/05/2022 at 20:49

Honda Civic 1.4 2001 - Damsel in distress needs wheel / tyre help please. - Bolt

Try E`bay just put in car reg no and what you want, ie space saver spare wheel, and it will find them for you, average price seems around £35 plus delivery but there are loads on there...

Honda I think charge around £120

Edited by Bolt on 16/05/2022 at 21:23

Honda Civic 1.4 2001 - Damsel in distress needs wheel / tyre help please. - Nanny C

Hi. I called Honda, and they had no info on the car at all, saying it's too old for parts, and not on their systems anymore.

When I add my car reg details on Ebay, or just add basics like make, model and year, it brings up the wrong sized wheels, even the wrong sizes for windscreen wipers I need. That's why I've been so stuck.

I've seen a couple of wheels that appear right, but when I ask for the stud pattern info, as I need 4 x 100, all sellers say "sorry, no idea" or zero response.

Eh?!

I am trying to follow the book advice, but as I've explained already, I nee help.

Honda Civic 1.4 2001 - Damsel in distress needs wheel / tyre help please. - Big John

Follow what the handbook says - a few on eBay are listed for that model of Civic

This one is shown as 4 x 100 and shown as for the Civic

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265191432848?_trkparms=amclksrc...5

Edited by Big John on 16/05/2022 at 21:37

Thanks. Unfortunately I'm in Devon so it's too far away. Some sellers post wheels out, but they don't sadly.

Honda Civic 1.4 2001 - Damsel in distress needs wheel / tyre help please. - Adampr

There are loads of them on eBay. Just search for 2001 Civic space saver and they're the red ones.

The 14" / 15" thing is confusing. That's not the overall diameter of the wheel, just the metal bit in the middle. A space saver has a lower profile (thinner) tyre, so the overall size is the same.

Honda Civic 1.4 2001 - Damsel in distress needs wheel / tyre help please. - bathtub tom

Didn't the OP ask this before and was given comprehensive advice then?

Honda Civic 1.4 2001 - Damsel in distress needs wheel / tyre help please. - elekie&a/c doctor
Sure did . Wonder if the op got the Aircon fixed. ? Deja vu , me thinks .
Honda Civic 1.4 2001 - Damsel in distress needs wheel / tyre help please. - catsdad

Yep, in technical. Already comprehensively covered, last post 28 April.

Morning. Did you have a bad evening in the boys car club, and you need some empowerment?

All I had in my mind, was 3 wheels will be smaller in rim size than the spare. As I have no knowledge on wheels, to me, that didn't seem right, and I thought burden would be placed on the spare.

My driving involves motorways at 50 mile stretches and I was worried. I know the lower speed to use a space saver on, but even so.

Better now? And no, to the other boys, the air con is not being fixed...

Honda Civic 1.4 2001 - Damsel in distress needs wheel / tyre help please. - Bolt

And no, to the other boys, the air con is not being fixed...

comes as no surprise, took my 2008 civic in to Halfords for a aircon diagnostics, needs new compressor and new condenser, total cost £850, half the value of the car, but may get it done in a few months as I will keep the car for a few year's, other garages want over a grand to do it

Honda Civic 1.4 2001 - Damsel in distress needs wheel / tyre help please. - John F

Despite the snide sexism, I'm content to offer advice. I would contact your nearest scrap yard and seek help there. The size of the wheel and tyre are immaterial if only for use till you get a puncture repaired. The important thing, as you rightly realise, is whether it fits onto the hub.

Despite the snide sexism, I'm content to offer advice. I would contact your nearest scrap yard and seek help there. The size of the wheel and tyre are immaterial if only for use till you get a puncture repaired. The important thing, as you rightly realise, is whether it fits onto the hub.

There are scrap yards on the net that work the same as parts companies, where you put in the reg of the car and they will search for the part across the country, I did use them once for a Civic 2006 door mirror and had it sent to me, took about 3 days and post was £2 at the time

New & Used Car Parts & Spares from UK Car Breakers | BreakerLink

Edited by Bolt on 17/05/2022 at 10:58

Honda Civic 1.4 2001 - Damsel in distress needs wheel / tyre help please. - Xileno

There is some good advice in the previous thread you started. Have you contacted one of the companies mentioned by posters?

Please remember people give their advice freely and willingly on this forum to assist others.

Honda Civic 1.4 2001 - Damsel in distress needs wheel / tyre help please. - Maxime.

If at first you don't get the answer you want, Keep asking..

That's what I ask my hubby.