Big Motoring World, any experience? - Ken_99

I searched the car model that I fancy on Autotrader and nearly half of them are from Big Motoring World. Their price is reasonable too.

May I ask if anyone has some got experience (especially that is not so good) with them that I need to pay special attentions to? Thank you!!!

In addition to this, may I ask if there is any other place to look for a second hand car?

Edited by Ken_99 on 14/05/2021 at 18:37

Big Motoring World, any experience? - skidpan

In addition to this, may I ask if there is any other place to look for a second hand car?

Many garages sell them

Big Motoring World, any experience? - Xileno

www.honestjohn.co.uk/cars-for-sale/search/

Big Motoring World, any experience? - 72 dudes

I searched the car model that I fancy on Autotrader and nearly half of them are from Big Motoring World. Their price is reasonable too.

May I ask if anyone has some got experience (especially that is not so good) with them that I need to pay special attentions to? Thank you!!!

They featured on one of the consumer programs on TV several years ago. I can't remember if it was Watchdog or Rip-off Britain.

• Seem to remember it was about very poor aftercare when something went wrong. Aggressive sales tactics to reach targets, that kind of thing. They may have changed.

There's many car supermarkets out there e.g. Motorpoint. Many people on here have been satisfied.

Personally if I was buying at this sort of pricepoint, I'd be spending a little more and using a main dealer with an Approved Used scheme.

Big Motoring World, any experience? - Ken_99

Thank you! I will try the dealers first.

Big Motoring World, any experience? - Rerepo

Big Motoring World are also behind Carzam (online seller). I once drove past their 'reconditioniNg centre' in Peterborough. Pretty aggressive sales tactics and most of these places make money on expensive finance and add-ons, rather than cars. I saw a You Tube viDeo with the owner talking about it - a guy called Peter Waddell.

[Corrected the man's surname and deleted personal remark, Xileno moderator]

Edited by Xileno on 15/05/2021 at 09:53

Big Motoring World, any experience? - Miniman777

In my experience, these car supermarket type ops make money on aftermarket warranties (with restricted indemnities), tyre and wheel insurances and other stuff. I've seen cars at these places with patchy service history, and suspect many are ex-hire or lease.

In contrast I've bought a number of cars (BMW and Minis) using the manufacturers approved scheme and the indemnity level for claims has been the value of the car - so substantial. I've had claims for problems quickly approved, with repairs completed efficiently and quickly. Their annual policy extensions are comparable too.