How to pay the Dart crossing charge - FoxyJukebox

OK-So I've gone on the official website and there's lots of info (and threats if you haven't paid etc) plus links to this and that-but no easy reference as to how to pay-in advance to cross one day and go back the next day.

I would prefer to not open an account since that means depositing £10 which is 100% more than the £5 return charge.

An ideal would be an app( like a car park). Can anybody tell me the easiest way to pay without getting out of my car

How to pay the Dart crossing charge - Bromptonaut

You can log in and pay on line as a one off transaction. There's also a phone number but it's not well publicised. The advantage of an account is that it's slightly cheaper (I think) and you're not at risk of forgetting to pay.

Most time I use it southbound I'm headed for a channel ferry and I'd rather not be sweating about making the payment on time while fighting with a dodgy French wi-fi connection.

How to pay the Dart crossing charge - KB.

For several years I was registered with an independant firm called Dartsave, which would have served the purpose you seek, but, for whatever reason, it ceased to operate recently. So you would guess that if they, as a well established going concern, couldn't succeed then there aren't going to be others willing to take their place.

How to pay the Dart crossing charge - kiss (keep it simple)

You don't have to pay the £10 if you set up a pay as you go. Just give them your cc details and the amount is debited automatically and you get a receipt by Email.

Alternatively make a one-off payment for both trips.

Edited by kiss (keep it simple) on 27/07/2020 at 10:30

How to pay the Dart crossing charge - FoxyJukebox

Thanks --really helpful. I revisited website and saw this option which I must have missed first time around.

How to pay the Dart crossing charge - concrete

I have an account which covers two vehicles. It simply debits my bank account when I use the crossing. Never forget to pay. Easy to change details if you switch banks or vehicles. Couldn't be easier. Use the European systems too for France, Spain and Portugal. No more searching for coins or cards and a lot of auto barriers that read your gizmo and open up if you approach at about 30kmh. Simples.

Cheers Concrete