Volkswagen Polo - White fluid under driver side wheel arch - ozzii

I have a VW Polo (2006 Reg). This morning I set off from my house and after driving for about 2 minutes after I'd driven over a few road humps the car started screeching. At first I though it was the brakes as its been raining quite a lot and the cars been on the drive for a day without having been driven but the car was screeching without applying the brakes. I checked under the bonnet and under the car but couldn't see anything unusual. What I did notice was a white mayonnaise like material had built up under the driver side wheel arch. After I stopped and drove a little further the screeching eventually went away but the car definitely doesn't feel right.

Any ideas what this mayonnaise like material is under the driver side wheel arch - it's certainly not something I've driven through.

And what could have been the screeching noise.

Volkswagen Polo - White fluid under driver side wheel arch - madf

White mayonnaise is associated with water in oil, mixing to give an emulsion. Usually within engine..

Screeching - fanbelt?

Have you checked the oil and water levels?

Volkswagen Polo - White fluid under driver side wheel arch - ozzii

White mayonnaise is associated with water in oil, mixing to give an emulsion. Usually within engine..

Screeching - fanbelt?

Have you checked the oil and water levels?

Water and oil levels look fine.

Volkswagen Polo - White fluid under driver side wheel arch - elekie&a/c doctor
I would check the driveshaft area where it attaches to the front hub/ wheel area . It’s possible there is a split rubber boot to the cv joint . The mayonnaise could be grease.
Volkswagen Polo - White fluid under driver side wheel arch - Andrew-T
I would check the driveshaft area where it attaches to the front hub/ wheel area . It’s possible there is a split rubber boot to the cv joint . The mayonnaise could be grease.

That may tie in with the road humps - if the CV joint's sudden movement split the gaiter ?