Peugeot 308 II SW - Peugeot 308 s***ty gear shift - pkropotkin

Hello,

I bought a Peugeot 308 with 140.000 km, the clutch and slave cylinder failed after 7000 km, which I guess is acceptable, but it came back from the shop a bit weird. There was this barely noticable click when shifting to third gear. This got progressively worse and had stabilized at this annoying dry metallic click when shifting to 3rd (from 2nd, but not from 4th) and very rarely 4th to 5th. This only happens if the car is actually moving and seemingly at random, it's generally worse in the cold, but the gears shift just fine (better than expected for Peugeot, really), there is no increased notchyness, no rev spike, I can't hear any grinding, thuds, there's just this stupid click. The shifter has a kind of metallic feel to it even before I get to shift anything and the sound doesn't feel muted enough to come from inside the gearbox, but on the other hand it's noticably worse when driving.

The mechanic(s) just said "normal wear" and "not worth repairing." Yeah, ok, but what are we even talking about? Synchro? Shifter? That linkage joint on the gearbox? Not the optimal gear oil?

Any input welcome.

Peugeot 308 II SW - Peugeot 308 s***ty gear shift - Andrew-T

How about lubricating the remote gearshift linkages?