MG ZS 2018 exclusive 1.5 manual - Taxi, 50,000 miles trouble free. - oldroverboy.

Met a local taxi driver here, zero problems with servicing as per schedule, only replacements so far, front tyres twice, not sure about rears. windscreen replaced due to crack appearing when collected from a service.

Will be selling at 12 months old when expects to have done 70,000 miles-ish.

Very encouraging!

Edited by oldroverboy. on 11/08/2019 at 13:09

MG ZS 2018 exclusive 1.5 manual - Taxi, 50,000 miles trouble free. - SLO76
Nobody tests a car better than the taxi trade. That’s why it’s always worthwhile looking at what they’re buying and asking how they’re coping when you’re sat inside one.

I notice a big turn away from VAG models in my region lately with Toyota being the new favourite. So far the Auris Hybrid Estate is proving the most capable. Owners were sick of EGR and DPF issues on the German firms cars.

As for buying a car then selling it after 12mths as a taxi with a huge mileage for its age this makes little financial sense. The depreciation will be horrific and his costs far far higher than they would be had he bought a nearly new Auris or Avensis and kept it for 4-5yrs or more instead.

It is a confidence booster in the car itself that he’s had no real bother with it though. It’s mechanically simple so I’m fully expecting they’ll last well enough. Rust underneath is likely going to be the worry as they age.
MG ZS 2018 exclusive 1.5 manual - Taxi, 50,000 miles trouble free. - oldroverboy.

I should add that he only does airport runs and long distance, no local work, He is happy with his costs and earnings so who am i to complain? He did however get a discount at new.