Nissan x trail - Rejecting Used car within 30 days - Louise Chapple

Could anyone offer some advice as I have had some conflicting views on what I should do?

I bought the car in early June and have had some problems with it such as fumes giving me headaches, oil leak and AC not working. It has been back to the garage twice and it still had oil leak and aircon only worked for two days. I have had mechanics look it over and also A/C checked to confirm there are problems and rejected car within 30 days. I have been accommodating and waited for garage owner - as he was away - they want me to take the car back to them so they can inspect it. But I cannot drive the car as it makes me ill - also the alternator belt has splits in several places. A friend has offered to drive the car (45 miles) but someone told me that if he has problems with the fumes, or alternator belt breaks I could be liable and the garage should come to inspect it here? I have said they can come to my house at anytime to view it. I have had to insure and tax a friend's car to give me something to drive. Another option that has been offered if they won't refund the purchase price is for me to have it inspected by someone who deals in disputes and can claim the money back via Section 75. I have already paid out nearly £400 on extra expenses

Nissan x trail - Rejecting Used car within 30 days - skidpan

I have been accommodating and waited for garage owner - as he was away - they want me to take the car back to them so they can inspect it.

It is the buyers responsibility to return the car either for a refund or repair. If its not driveable get it transported and then hopefully reclaim the cost.

But none of that guarantees you will get a penny back.

Nissan x trail - Rejecting Used car within 30 days - Brit_in_Germany

It is the buyers responsibility to return the car either for a refund or repair. If its not driveable get it transported and then hopefully reclaim the cost.

That is not what the legislation says. The CRA 2015 includes the following provision:

"the consumer has a duty to make the goods available for collection by the trader or (if there is an agreement for the consumer to return rejected goods) to return them as agreed."

Edited by Brit_in_Germany on 11/08/2019 at 17:57

Nissan x trail - Rejecting Used car within 30 days - FiestaOwner

That is not what the legislation says. The CRA 2015 includes the following provision:

"the consumer has a duty to make the goods available for collection by the trader or (if there is an agreement for the consumer to return rejected goods) to return them as agreed."

Don't agree with you.

Consumer Rights Act 2015 Section 20:

www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/section/20/en...d

(8) Whether or not the consumer has a duty to return the rejected goods, the trader must bear any reasonable costs of returning them, other than any costs incurred by the consumer in returning the goods in person to the place where the consumer took physical possession of them.

If the customer collected the car from the dealer, then they need to return it to the dealer.

Nissan x trail - Rejecting Used car within 30 days - gordonbennet

Just open all the windows, heater off so no through flow of air from the engine compartment, drive the thing back and get rid of it.

Time is ticking away.

I have tried that and still have headaches which is why it is not being driven.

Nissan x trail - Rejecting Used car within 30 days - galileo

I have tried that and still have headaches which is why it is not being driven.

If you are rejecting the car, as advised above, you need to get it back to the dealer within the time limit.

If you won't drive it you either get someone else to do that or pay for it to be transported, any garage that does recovery work for Green Flag or similar companies will do this for you (at a cost).

The car has already been returned to the dealer to be fixed for same faults - they said was fixed but still oil leak and A/C not working

Nissan x trail - Rejecting Used car within 30 days - 72 dudes

Louise, I think you are misunderstanding what galileo said.

The car needs to be back at the dealer for you to reject it. It can't be rejected and remain at your house, regardless of the reasons you give for not wanting to drive it.

Search for local firms who will transport the car safely back to the dealer on a low loader. The law says the cost of this will be down to you.

Nissan x trail - Rejecting Used car within 30 days - skidpan

Louise appears to be AKA Ruby20 and that poster is attempting to reject an Octavia, see the following link.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/132100/skoda-octav...e

Surely no one can be unlucky enough to buy 2 faulty cars at the same time.

Edited by Avant on 19/08/2019 at 12:16

Nissan x trail - Rejecting Used car within 30 days - Avant

Perhaps more likely that Louise has responded to a different thread (in the Motoring section) by mistake.

But it really doesn't matter!

I have taken out any suggestion of trolling. The usual definition of a troll is someone who deliberately upsets people online in order to start a quarrel.