Audi A3 Sportback/Mercedes A Class - Used Car Buying Advice - SRW142
Hi All

I am about to purchase my first used car after having a company car for a few years. In a nutshell I am between an Audi A3/Mercedes A Class, they are both 2/3 years old with approx 20k mileage around the 18.5/19k mark

I am intending to purchase cash with top up from personal loan (apr 3.2%) as dealers offering approx 9%. Audi are incentivising HP with 2 years warranty and servicing, Mercedes are not offering any incentive for HP. Both cars are used approved with the usual 1 year warranty. I expect to do very high mileage approx 30k p/a

My question is; is the extra APR and therefore interest worth the extra year warranty at Audi compared to buying cash? It would probably cost me an extra 2k over the term of the HP (3 year) compared to the bank loan but unsure if this is worth the security.

Ideally I prefer the loan being separate to the car, but with being new to purchasing a car the extra year warranty and service is attractive

Any advice appreciated! I understand the dealers contact to extend warranty towards the end of year 1 anyway

Many thanks in advance!!
Audi A3 Sportback/Mercedes A Class - Used Car Buying Advice - brettmick

That A3 used seems expensive? I've seen a new Sport listed by drive the deal for 20k recently, check the HJ recommend section.

On the finance. Is your credit rating good enough to take the PCP and then pay it off with a cheaper loan?

Audi A3 Sportback/Mercedes A Class - Used Car Buying Advice - SRW142
Thanks - you may be right, I can’t seem to find a 2L Diesel auto for a similar price though.

I would expect so, I hadn’t considered taking a PCP and settling early. Would I expect a big fee to settle early on PCPs?

Thanks
Audi A3 Sportback/Mercedes A Class - Used Car Buying Advice - SLO76
Price up an approved used Audi extended warranty over the same period if available, I doubt it’ll cost anything like the added cost of the PCP.