Vauxhall Astra - Master cylinder never got replaced when it should - edd92

I took my car took to the garage to get the master cylinder replaced on the clutch and when I got phoned to say that may car was ready I was surprised to see the clutch pedal low down like near the floor. And when I went back in to speak to the service manager I got told that Vauxhall only wanted to replace the clutch pipe and elbow..i asked why wasn't the master cylinder not replaced as that's what I got told was wrong with the car..he says Vauxhall wanted to see how that worked first.. so I drove away from the garage as never says anything about if it was safe to drive..so anyways 10 mins when on motorway and when I tried to select a gear when slowing down I couldn't select another gear and having to keep lifting the pedal of the floor with my feet and whilst trying to engage a gear with great difficulty

Vauxhall Astra - Master cylinder never got replaced when it should - Andrew-T

Return spring not reassembled correctly?

Vauxhall Astra - Master cylinder never got replaced when it should - daveyK_UK

this wouldnt happen to be a current shape astra with the 1.6 whisper diesel engine?

Vauxhall Astra - Master cylinder never got replaced when it should - Chris M

Yes it would daveyK. OP has posted on an Astra K forum.

Edited by Chris M on 20/05/2018 at 23:20

Vauxhall Astra - Master cylinder never got replaced when it should - daveyK_UK

very common fault with the 1.6 diesel clutch, not sure of the cause but must be costing vauxhall a fortune

Exactly it must be costing them a fortune that's maybe why they tried only replacing the clutch pipe on my car as replacing the Master cylinder would cost them a fortune it just shows they value there customers very highly

Vauxhall Astra - Master cylinder never got replaced when it should - Seanyseanysaeny

So in short, take it back and tell them to do the job properly. Do not accept it back until it is repaired.

Yeah it's getting getting repaired the now