Hit parked car - Nada1
Hello all

So I was on my way to work. I was going through this really narrow street with an incoming car coming towards me so I tried to give it room but there was a delivery van parked halfway on the sidewalk. My left mirror hit it, once I realised I turned the wheel to the right and slowly moved out. The driver got out and said I broke his plastic panel and dented it. There was precious damages of scratches and screeches on it and I didn't think my mirror could dent the panel as I wasn't going with speed and was slowly moving to give another car some space.

Anyway the damage was barely visible. The guy wants me to pay for renting a new van because it doesn't look professional to deliver in this van even though there was previously more apparent damages to the van. And expects me to fix the entire panel which I suspect had been damaged previously.

I don't know what to do. If I let my insurance deal with it, I'm assuming I'd cost me a lot. Should I deal with it myself? Any advice?
Hit parked car - Bromptonaut

You hit a staionery vehicle; you're 100% liable for damage as consequence but there's an issue about damage caused v stuff that might have been pre existing?

The route of DIY and partial denial as to quatum of damage is just too problematic. Personally I'd let my insurer sort it.

If it's £100 on my premium for next year or three then so be it.

Hit parked car - Palcouk

You are 100% liable, but haveing said that claiming for a hire van would not be justified