Vauxhall Astra - Vauxhall Astra Car Alarm ? - omega3

my key fob on my Astra does light up, but nothing happens. Door locks do not open/close.

I have tried re-syncing. Did work once, then again nothing.

I have ordered repair kit for fob. I think the battery is weak. LED appears faint.

I take it the 2003 Astra has an audible car alarm ? Can you activate it from the car key ? (not the wireless fob)

only just got the Astra. I not familiar with these make/models

thanks

Vauxhall Astra - Vauxhall Astra Car Alarm ? - RT

On Astra-G (1998-2004) only certain models got the alarm as standard - CDX certainly but not sure how far down the range before it became an extra-cost option.

The back-up battery in the sealed alarm sounder unit only lasts a couple of years and it's expensive to replace, so some will have been removed and not replaced - especially given its age and value.

Edited by RT on 05/11/2017 at 09:59

Vauxhall Astra - Vauxhall Astra Car Alarm ? - elekie&a/c doctor

Good info above.Also those models fitted with an alarm have a yellow sticker under the bonnet marked"power sounder"..You can buy a replacement key fob half shell,the side with the buttons on.Part #9195343 ,for about £5 .I would also check inside the fob to make sure the battery contact points are not broken.It is not possible to turn the alarm on/off from inside the cabin.(if fitted)

Vauxhall Astra - Vauxhall Astra Car Alarm ? - omega3

thanks for replies, very helpful,

I will use repair kit when arrives, and look under bonet for any sign of alarm

Vauxhall Astra - Vauxhall Astra Car Alarm ? - elekie&a/c doctor

Something else i have just remembered. Models with a factory fit alarm system have an led warning light built into the hazard switch.

Vauxhall Astra - Vauxhall Astra Car Alarm ? - RT

thanks for replies, very helpful,

I will use repair kit when arrives, and look under bonet for any sign of alarm

The OE factory-fit isn't in the engine compartment! Try the wheel-arches.