Mazda Bongo (diesel, auto) - Guaranteed work for previous owner transferable? - Duncan MacInnes

I bought a Bongo (diesel, automatic) in June. It had the whole automatic transmission replaced including reconditioned gearbox in March, with 12 months guarantee on the work, which was one of the reasons I bought it. It started leaking transmission fluid from the gearbox last week. Its now back with the original garage, but I need to know if I can reasonably expect them to fix it without charge, or does the transfer of ownership make the guarantee void?

Mazda Bongo (diesel, auto) - Guaranteed work for previous owner transferable? - SLO76
Typically any guarantee does pass on but it depends on any terms in the paperwork. I assume there is a written warranty? If not then it's worthless and you're totally at the mercy of the firms goodwill.
Mazda Bongo (diesel, auto) - Guaranteed work for previous owner transferable? - Duncan MacInnes

The small print on the receipt (to the former owner) Says that 'work done is guaranteed for 12 months' and not much else. I have the receipt.

Mazda Bongo (diesel, auto) - Guaranteed work for previous owner transferable? - TedCrilly

I wouldn't even question it, just take it back and ask the repair is done under guarantee.

Would the fault have developed if the vehicle had stayed with the previous owner?

Mazda Bongo (diesel, auto) - Guaranteed work for previous owner transferable? - SLO76
Then you should be ok. Depending on the quality and morality of the owner of said firm.
Mazda Bongo (diesel, auto) - Guaranteed work for previous owner transferable? - Gibbo_Wirral

Say nothing about ownership unless asked. Then just say you brought it in for <previous owner>