bus lane contravention ticket. - michael eastwood

hello folks.

i work at a hospital and drive for the transport dept. i got a bus lane ticket. it was sent to another hospital in the trust. it had a different adress to the v5 adress that the dvla hold. byb the time i got it it was 2 months later and had doubled !!! my argument is if it was adressed wrong can i contest it ?

bus lane contravention ticket. - RobJP

I don't see how it could be 'addressed wrong'. The council would have requested details from DVLA, got those details, and sent out the ticket to that address.

If it took the trust 2 months to then get it to the correct hospital / department, then it's nothing to do with the council.

If you committed the offence, then trying to get off on a technicality is not going to do you any favours if it came to a courtroom.

it was adressed burnley general hospital when the log book states burnley genaral hospital c/o transport dept . i dont want to get off with paying the original fine just contest the amount

bus lane contravention ticket. - concrete

If I were you I would approach my union representative or line manager and ask them to intercede on your behalf and explain the circumstances. I am sure there may be some sympathy for the fact the health service register their vehicles in one place and use them in another. It would be better coming from an official rather than yourself. If it is a police or local authority NIP then you should be in a better position rather than with a private company. Good luck and let us know the outcome.

Cheers Concrete

thanks for the good advise . it went round a very big hospital via the post room. eventually surfacing at the transport dept 2 month later . the new 1 now is correctly adressed to the transport dept

bus lane contravention ticket. - Gibbo_Wirral

thanks for the good advise . it went round a very big hospital via the post room. eventually surfacing at the transport dept 2 month later . the new 1 now is correctly adressed to the transport dept

And took two months? No matter how big the hospital is, it shouldn't take that long. It just smacks of incompetence. Remind me never to be sick in Burnley!

so the issuing parking dept at the council have done there home work and contacted the dvla to find the correct adress on my prompting and appeal

bus lane contravention ticket. - concrete

The council may be sympathetic to your circumstances and waive the increase or even the whole amount if you are very lucky. I find it really disconcerting that a local authority would issue an NIP to an ambulance. What is the world coming to????

I would still ask your manager to contact the council and explain your position. Also to alert them to the fact that the local newspaper is taking an interest in the case, or it will be if they persist in prosecuting you.That may prompt the council to revoke the NIP. Let us know the eventual outcome.

Cheers Concrete

PS. Find your local councillor and go and see them. I have found them very helpful in the past.

bus lane contravention ticket. - Bromptonaut

Which council issued the 'ticket'?

If it was Blackburn and Darwen I may have some useful news for you!!!!

Edited by Bromptonaut on 28/02/2017 at 13:11

bus lane contravention ticket. - Bromptonaut

This thread is an itch I want to keep scratching!!

Question for OP; Is the 'ticket' a Penalty Charge Notice issued by a Council under Bus Lane Contraventions (Penalty Charges, Adjudication and Enforcement) (England) Regulations 2005 (ST2005 No 2757)?

Alternatively is it a Fixed Penalty Notice issued using Police powers?

If the former then I think that, unless the vehicle you were using is leased to you in style of Addison Lee taxis etc, the Registered Keeper is liable for the penalty. Obviously, as your employer, they migh have put a provision in your terms and conditions allowing recovery from you. They cannot though make you the 'defendant' in their stead.

Obviously, if employer is liable, it's not your fault that stuff got lost in the internal mail. You've a good case to argue that while you accept responsibility for the infringement you would have paid reduced charge (£30?) at first opportunity and anything else is picked up by the hospitial.

And if they havn't paid yet they need to; these things NEVER go away and they'll end up with a liability order and a visit from the bailiff.