K121 Nissan Micra 20013 - K12 heater fan problems - any ideas? - t87699

Recently my dash heater fan keeps cutting out - if I pull on the power wire it starts again, but then stops.

The wire goes directly into the fan, so I guess a repair will involve pulling the thing out, which is a lot of work.

Has anyone dealt with this, any ideas on how to fix it, or the best way to do it?

Thanks

K121 Nissan Micra 20013 - K12 heater fan problems - any ideas? - elekie&a/c doctor

Oh yes,access to the heater fan on these is nasty.It is possible to reach the connector ,which is detachable from the motor,by removing the top section of the dashboard.Unclip both windscreen A post trims,and the top dash cover unclips upwards.

Hi, thanks for your help.

Is this access enough to get at the fan.. remove it and possibly fix the problem?

I assume that there is a loose connection in there.

thanks

Thanks for the info.,

Do you think that'll be enough to fix the problem?

Have you come across this problem before?

Thanks

K121 Nissan Micra 20013 - K12 heater fan problems - any ideas? - elekie&a/c doctor

If this is the model where the fan motor sits on the driver side,then this is where the renault influence comes into play.The motor comes out the plastic heater casing easily,but it is not possible to remove it from the car without taking down the steering column and a few other bits,including the clutch pedal.(if manual).It is possible to access the connector to the motor from the top. Have I come across this problem before?Sadly,many times.

Ahhh yes.

Renault's famous quality - or should I say lack of quality.

The fan is directly behind the stereo, so perhaps easier to remove. The motor is fine, its just the power wire going into it thats loose and requires a tug to get it to connect again.

Many thanks