Honda Civic - Insurance claims - sjh

I have been involved in an accident were the other party (& her insurance company Saga) has accepted full liability.

They have rung me to offer to take over the claim and use a Honda Approved garage for the repairs / assesment.

Is this a common event and should I accept this offer or let my insurance company, Privilege deal with Saga?

Thks for any help.

Sjh21

Honda Civic - Insurance claims - focussed

I would go with the Honda Approved Bodyshop.

www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/honda-approved-bodysho...l

Honda Civic - Insurance claims - Falkirk Bairn

Nothing wrong letting Saga's Ins Co authorising repairs with Honda dealership/approved bodyshop.

Just make sure they will give you a hire car (like for like) for the duration of the repair & cover the insurance for the hire car - do not get caught out by having you stump up for the daily excess waiver cost.

Make sure repairs are fully compliant with the car's body warranty and any repairs /remedial action on the car is covered.

My 2 week old Civic was hit many years ago - 5 years later the paint bubbled - Honda Body warranty did not cover it but the insurer covered the remedial work -

I had a letter from the insurer saying they would cover any remedial work needed on the car for as long as I owned the car.