Should I buy a car that missed a service?

I'm looking to buy a used Nissan X-Trail 1.6 dCi from a dealer. While going over the paperwork, I noticed that the first service for the car was only done at 18 months/21,000 miles. When I pointed this out to the dealer and asked if this will void any remaining warranty on the car, they were not entirely clear on it. However, I'm a bit apprehensive about it and wanted to check if this meant the warranty would be void?

Asked on 8 April 2018 by brightab

Don't touch it. These Renault 1.6 dCi need to have an oil and filter change at least every 12 months or every 12,000 miles regardless of what Nissan or Renault or this salesman tells you. I speak from experience of 20,000 miles with one. In any case, the 2.0 dCi 175 suits the X-Trail and Koleos much better than the 1.6 dCi, which is a bit too slow for the size of the car.