If you could buy any car, what would you choose?

I'm a field service engineer and I'm looking for a new car. If you could buy any car (estate, saloon or hatchback), what would you choose? It would have to be a diesel though.

Asked on 6 April 2018 by Medic

I'd seriously think about a Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC. Reliable chain cam engine. Reasonably pleasant to drive. Practical and versatile interior with a load deck that folds flat. And I averaged 58mpg over 14,000 miles in one. I can't thing of another SUV as fuel efficient. Significantly improved on Michelin Cross Climate tyres.