I can't fit a dash cam behind my mirror - can I turn the in-built road sign detection camera into a dash cam?

I have a Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer. The casing for the in-car, road-sign detection camera is so large that I can't fit a regular dash-cam behind the mirror. Is there software available that would enable the existing camera to act as a camera - or is there another solution?

Asked on 2 January 2018 by Jon Collis

I don't know about any software, but you can always put a small dash cam a little bit lower. I have my Aukey DR01 in the middle of the windscreen because it blocks my lane departure camera otherwise (I'm currently running a Suzuki Ignis). As my dash cam is fairly small, it doesn't block my vision of the road.