Introducing our new Real MPG iPhone app: Find out more | No thanks

My car went into limp mode after the emissions fix - should I get rid of it?

The emissions fix was completed on my 2011 Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI in March and, since then, fan has been working after stopping two or three times a week. Last week, the car went into limp mode and the AA declared failure of injector four. It's currently with the dealer awaiting assessment. It has 59,000 miles on the clock, 21 months into a two year Volkswagen warranty. Is injector failure indicative of imminent bigger problems (EGR? Other injectors?). If so, am I best to get rid of the car?

Asked on 11 August 2017 by Jamie Newstead

The fix imposes more work on the injectors because they now have an additional cycle, so the problem is directly related to the fix and they should repair the car entirely free of charge to you.

Everything you need to know about how the emissions scandal affects you.

Latest on the Volkswagen Emissions Scandal