I have been summoned to court for having no insurance - should I be worried?

I pleaded guilty to no insurance, but I sent a letter of mitigation I have now been summoned to court. Should I be worried?

Asked on 12 June 2017 by jason

You have been summoned to explain yourself in court based on the evidence you have been provided. They are affording you the opportunity to defend yourself rather than the court still finding you guilty. Should you be worried about breaking the law? Only if you are guilty of the offence. The way the court views the mitigation letter will affect the sentence/fine given.