What big but efficient car with a large boot would you recommend?

We are looking for a large car with a large boot. We could compromise by getting a 7-seater if it had a large enough boot to fit a medium dog cage, 2 prams and luggage/shopping but could really do with 8 or 9 seats. So far we've seen only 9-seaters with a big enough boot but need something as efficient as possible for small city journeys. We also need as low an insurance bracket as possible.

Asked on 18 April 2017 by Robert Young

Conflicting requirements but if you want a 9 seater, then the best available currently is the Citroen Space Tourer, Peugeot Traveller and Toyota Proace. See: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/citroen/citroen-sp.../ The biggest, most efficient estate car for the least money is the Skoda Superb: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/skoda/skoda-superb.../