Will I get more into the boot of a fully laden Volkswagen Golf Estate than I would my current Ford Mondeo Estate?

I currently drive a 2013 Ford Mondeo Estate which we've used as a family car for camping holidays. Squeezing as much as possible into the boot is essential, with the back seats up as I have two children. According to your specification pages, my current car has a boot capacity of 537 litres, and yet smaller class cars appear to have bigger boot capacity. The Volkswagen Golf Estate has 605 litres, the SEAT Leon Estate has 587 litres and even the Volvo V60 (criticised as not being a load-lugger) at 557 litres. So, will I get more into the boot of a fully laden Volkswagen Golf Estate than I would my current Ford Mondeo Estate?

Asked on 8 February 2017 by Harry

Yes. The Skoda Octavia estate and, of course, the Skoda Superb estate are even bigger. You should consider a Superb estate: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/skoda/skoda-superb.../ That's 660 litres to the load cover.