Buying a new small car - what would you recommend?

I want to buy a small car that will fit three kids in the back. It has to have decent performance and lots of gadgets - climate control and parking sensors essential and a decent infotainment system desirable. I only really use it for commuting to work and back - about a 12 mile round trip, mainly on dual carriageways, and so thought it probably should be petrol. I was thinking along the lines of a Mazda 2 115PS, Ford Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost or an Audi A1 Sportback 1.4 TFSI. Your opinion and any other recommendations would be appreciated. I know the new Fiesta is coming out and so don't know what that'll be like I would also consider electric or hybrid options, but the BMW i3 can only fit 2 in the back and I don't know enough about the Tesla model 3.

Yes, you're thinking along the right lines. The best I've driven recently was the Suzuki Swift 1.0T BoosterJet 6-speed auto (the manual isn't as good): www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/suzuki/suzuki-swif.../ (Not quite here yet). Very soon there will be a new Fiesta. The current 1.0 EcoBoost 125 is fun and there may be discounts to shift old stock: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/ford/ford-fiesta-2.../ Had a bit of clutch trouble for a while, but seems to be over now. A1 okay, but quite expensive. You might get 3 in the back of a Kia Niro: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/kia/kia-niro-2016-.../ But by far the most stylish and best handling hybrid is the Toyota C-HR: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/toyota/toyota-c-hr.../ And if you're spending that sort of money you might prefer to put it into a SEAT Ateca, a Peugeot 2008 1.2 Puretech 130 or even an Audi Q2.