The air con has stopped working in a used car we bought two months ago - what are our rights?

My daughter bought a used 2011 Vauxhall Astra 1.2 with 76k miles on clock in Feb this year with a 3 month warranty, but the air-con has stopped working. She went back to dealer and they told her it was not covered as it was a wear and tear item. What do we do now? Go back again and push for a solution? It was not a main dealer but a local used car business selling good looking vehicles.

Asked on 13 April 2017 by alh

If the air con has failed then it must have been starting to fail 3 months ago when she bought it and the dealer is liable for any fault that could have been present or developing on date of sale for 6 months from the date of sale. If he won't fix it, take it to an air con specialist and use Small Claims to sue him for the cost: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/