Looking to buy the safest car for a young driver - which have autonomous breaking?

I'm looking to buy the safest car for a young and newly qualified driver. Cars with autonomous breaking would appeal ideal - which (if any) would you recommend? Cost is important.

Asked on 29 March 2017 by Hal

Unless you are spending a significant amount you will not get a small car with autonomous braking. It is available on the Kia Rio: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/kia/kia-rio-2017-r.../ On the excellent forthcoming Suzuki Swift: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/suzuki/suzuki-swif.../ On the forthcoming new Ford Fiesta: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ford/fiesta-2017/ And, I guess, on the forthcoming new SEAT Ibiza and Volkswagen Polo.