Can my 2008 Ford Fiesta Style be upgraded to have central locking?

I recently purchased a 2008 Ford Fiesta Style and, to my amazement, the car came with a key which looks very much like what my grandmother had for her car 15 years ago, a simple plastic thing with no remote locking. In the manual it mentions a "learn" function for new remotes. Would it be at all possible to buy a new key from Ford with the remote function? I worry about scratching the paintwork because the lock in the door is clearly designed for occasional use, with a spare key say or in emergencies.

Asked on 5 August 2010 by bowringcp

The Style is the base model and comes without features of more upmarket Fiestas. I don't think the locks can be upgraded to remote operation at a Ford dealer, though a specialist may well be able to supply an aftermarket system.