Need car that will fit three child seats in back, would prefer estate. Suggestions?

We had our Citroen C4 picasso (5 seater) stolen in August and we're trying to replace it with something more fuel efficient, preferably an estate as we don't need a large MPV.

However we do need a car with a decent boot that will fit three car seats or two car seats and an adult in the back for long journeys. We have ~£4k to spend, would like something with less than 100k on the clock, would prefer petrol due to concerns over changes in legislation on diesel, and pretty cheap to run (we only do about 8k miles a year).

Asked on 18 November 2016 by Rob Smith

You're looking at another C4 Picasso, A VW Touran, a Vauxhall Zafira or something bigger. The original Xsara Picasso was the best of the lot and the 2.0HDI was the best engine, but very hard now to find one that isn't bashed up, rusted out or worn out.
Tags: child seats