Best summer tyre for Volvo XC90?

The factory spec summer tyres for my Volvo XC90 are no longer in production (Continental Cross Contact 235/60/18 103V) and I will shortly need to replace them. Volvo Customer Care has advised that I contact the dealers, but they don't seem to agree on a suitable replacement, with each quoting different makes/tread patterns.

Can you recommend a suitable summer tyre replacement? Safety and performance are a priority with fuel consumption last. I run a separate set of wheels/tyres for winter so an all-season is not required.

Asked on 25 October 2016 by the_bandit

Probably Michelin Latitudes, or Pirelli Scorpion.