Caught speeding - is there a tribunal?

My wife does 200 miles to work in a week and takes M25, she was caught on a speeding camera doing 65 mph in a 50mph zone. M25 has variable speed limit with max 70mph and then changes to 50mph in between stretch for works. She was within the limits of 70mph but due to the slow stretch in between she is considered to be over-speeding and is given a 3 penalty point & £100 fine. She had a terrible day in the morning on the same road, caught in traffic for 3.5 hours which caused stress and partly contributed to not noticing the speed limit while on the way back in the afternoon.

Q: This is her first offence and considering the situation is it worth contesting a case as we expected an awareness course rather than points + fine. Is it worth fighting this case?
Q: if not a case is there a tribunal for raising our concerns?
Q: In such roads doesn't the Average speed rule not apply?

No.
No.
The M25 does not have average speed cameras. It's unusual for a limit to drop from 70 straight to 50. Normally it's 60 first. These limits are controlled by sensors in the road and the intention is to slow traffic gradually if there is a jam as this helps prevent concertina crashes.