Need a nearly new car with low running costs

I am planning to buy nearly new, small car. I drive around 15,000 miles annually and want something that is economical. I am wondering between Ford Fiesta, Toyota Yaris or the Honda Jazz. My budget is around £10,000. What should I buy?

Asked on 29 September 2016 by Nick

The Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost is fun to drive, but fun it isn't economical. Same goes for a FIAT 500 TwinAir that will do 50mpg, but not if you drive it with any spirit. A Yaris hybrid will give you 60mpg plus without any fun, and a Honda Jazz II 1.4iVTEC CVT-7 will give about 50mpg.