Water in gearbox in Skoda Citigo

My son's 2013 Skoda Citigo gearbox has failed. The garage has reported water in the gearbox. Is this a weakness in the model?

Asked on 27 September 2016 by philip pocock

Yes. Main problem area of Ups, Citigos and Miis.
My 2001 Mitsubishi Shogun has developed a gearbox fault. It started as a small glitch when changing gears, but now the car won't move. It changes gears fine, but won't engage. I managed to get it towed...
I own a Nissan Micra with a manual gearbox. I have had the car from new (five months) and had no problems until recently. Indeed, when the weather became colder in October, I noticed the downshift from...
Hi John & Team - I recently leased a Nissan Qashqai, but just 3 weeks into the term it started failing when trying to change gear (albeit on an intermittent basis). After lots failed attempts at getting...
Small car based on Volkswagen Up. Ideal for town. Economical on fuel. Fun to drive. Lower prices than Up and SEAT Mii.