Is a C-Class Estate a good buy as a comfortable car?

After having BMW 3 Series diesel estates for years, advancing years have increased my desire for a comfortable car on today's abysmal roads and less concern about all out handling so I am looking at the Mercedes C-Class estate for my next car, specifically the C200 Sport. Petrol rather than diesel seems to be an obvious change given the current "downer" on diesel power plus my mileage is likely to be fairly low including some short runs. Is this likely to be a good choice?

Asked on 8 August 2016 by J Howes

Absolutely crucial to order it on air-ride suspension and preferably an SE on more sensible profile tyres than a Sport.