What's the best used car for 120 mile commute?

I need a car with great fuel economy for my 120 mile per day commute. It must be reliable, comfortable and suitable for my family. Budget circa £8000, but could stretch it for the right car.

Asked on 18 April 2016 by cloudnine99

120 miles a day is getting up to 30k miles a year, so you want something cheap that will be reliable until you destroy it. There's a bloke lives in Essex and works in Wales that did okay with a Clio 1.5 diesel. You can just about get a basic brand new Dacia Sandero 1.5dCi that's the same underneath for £8k, but you'll have to buy and fit your own radio and you don't get a/c.