Why is VW charging £130 for TPMS on the new Tiguan when, by law, it should be standard?

I thought all new cars sold in the UK from November 2014 onwards had to be fitted as standard with a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System under EU law.

Can you explain therefore why Volkswagen UK is planning to charge customers of it's new Tiguan model an extra £130 for TPMS when, surely, this should be standard?

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/tiguan-nf/configure/extras/2331/2491

Asked on 11 April 2016 by Gary

A TPMS system that monitors a lack of pressure in any tyre is the EC requirement. The VW system that monitors each tyre individually is a £130 extra.