Is the Ford Fusion a good used car?

I've been offered a Ford Fusion 1.6 petrol auto (2009 model) by a dealer for £3500. Considering that Ford fusion is not produced for couple of years, could it be a good buy? Is there anything that I should look for?

Asked on 31 March 2016 by Yoolla

The Fusion 1.6 auto has a proper four-speed torque converter automatic transmission and though it is not the best it is at least torque converter. Doesn't drive as well as a Fiesta but has the advantages of being taller and having no rear load lip. See the entry in www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar