How do manufacturers integrated navigation systems compare with TomTom & Co for traffic avoidance?

How do manufacturers integrated navigation systems compare with TomTom & Co for traffic avoidance please?

Asked on 16 March 2016 by theotherjohn

Rarely as good unless they automatically update by GPS. Systems in Hondas and Toyotas are prone to late information, taking you around jams that no longer exist then getting confused when they dump you in another jam. Britain is probably too small and its roads too crowded for these systems to work effectively, which is why so many people listen to Radio 2 for the traffic reports, which can also be half an hour out of time.