Buying a car for commuting and electric wheelchair transport?

I am looking to buy a medium car that I can use for commuting on country roads (20 miles a day), driving around town, and regular motorway driving. The catch is that my partner uses a powered wheelchair (120 kg) which we would like to be able to take on trips at weekends. The majority of the time I will be the only person in the car, and so I don't want a specific wheelchair accessible vehicle. He would not want to stay in his wheelchair, and would sit in passenger seat. I have been looking at getting a car with a flat loading boot, so that with a ramp I could drive the powered wheelchair into the car. Many of the cars I have been looking at would need the back seats to be folded flat which suits us fine, but my main concern is that a car boot/folded seat would not suppor the weight of the wheelchair. Would appreciate any advice on potentially suitable vehicles?

Asked on 11 December 2015 by QueenAli

The only way you could drive a powered wheelchair into the back of the car is to get a specific 'Wheelchair Adapted Vehicle' (WAV) from someone like www.brotherwood.com/ I can't think of a single station wagon that would take something the height of a powered wheelchair without disassembling it, though you might get one into a Citroen Berlingo Multispace, Peugeot Partner, Mercedes Citan, Ford Tourneo Connect or Fiat 500L using ramps if you are strong enough to push it in. You would then have to secure it, which is why a specific WAV makes more sense.