What to replace a 15 year old Golf TDI?

My 2000 Golf 1.9 TDI is nearing the end of its life 200k miles and now multiple electrics problems. I'm looking to spend up to £6000 on a replacement that I'll keep for around 6 years.
I've seen a 59-plate Mazda 6 Estate 2.2 diesel 100k miles, all the bells and whistles for £5000 but have read a lot about dpf and cam chain faults. Or a Ford Focus 60-plate 1.6 TDCI with 76k miles but have read about lots of clutch problems. £5000

Ideally would have another diesel Golf but despite all the recent negative press, everything seems priced out of my range with 130k + miles. Which would be the best Golf to go for?

Too many complaints about this particular model of Mazda 6 diesel to recommend it. Focus 1.6 TDCI can have a lot of problems too: turbo, turbo oil feed pipes, DPF, DMF, and at this mileage needs a timing belt, tensioner and waterpump. Early 2010 or earlier you can avoid DPFs with 1.6 diesels, such as a Hyundai or Kia 1.6 CRDi. The 2006 - 2010 Honda Civic 2.2 i-CTDI did not have a DPF either. But the 1.8 i-VTEC is more reliable and is still a 45mpg car.