Missing service history - what should I do?

We have just purchased a three year old Hyundai i20 from a main agent. However, according to the service history, the first service was performed 18 months from new by a non-Hyundai agent.

As the terms of the five year warranty have been breached by the previous owner obviously I have concerns about the validity of the remaining warranty. What should I do?

Asked on 13 February 2015 by Chris bolton

If it was sold as still under the Hyundai five year warranty you can reject it or demand that the dealer funds the full warranty if Hyundai refuses to.

If it wasn't, this could still be considered a 'misleading omission' under the 2009 Consumer Protection Regulations: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/