I have found a cheap car - is this too good to be true?

I've seen a car advertised via a well known classifieds website. The price is attractive. Very attractive. The seller says her job has moved to USA and she is in New York, hence the reason for the sale, and the attractive price. The sale is being handled by a company on her behalf. It all sounds very credible and her email responses appear to be honest. The correspondence on how the transaction works seems believable But you never know.... Is this too good to be true?

Asked on 27 October 2014 by keefyyp

The simple answer is, as always, if something looks to good to be true, it isn't true. Nobody ever gives anything away unless they have to. Whenever a transaction is overly complicated, treat it as a potential scam.