Ford Focus air con problems

I hope you can help. I have a 2004 Ford Focus with air con, which has suddenly stopped working properly. It has developed a fault whereby the air con works for 10 mins then stops. I’ve had the system serviced and re-gassed, but it still refuses to work beyond 10 mins.

I took it back to garage this morning and they say it could be the compressor which will cost hundreds. Should they not have picked this up during the air can service?

Asked on 28 July 2014 by lenster

It could be a number of faults. My advice would be to take it to an air con specialist.