Dream car or Budget, which comes first? Tell us your thoughts | No thanks

Ford Tourneo Connect - which engine should I choose?

I am thinking about buying a Ford Tourneo Connect and would like your view on the best engine to choose. I will cover 12,000 miles a year, with occasional journeys of 350 miles. What do you recommend?

Asked on 13 May 2014 by alf39

Test of the Tourneo Connect here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/ford/ford-tourneo-.../ Video is of the 7 seater, but the 1.6TDCI 115, 1.0 Ecoboost 100 and 1.6TI VCT Auto were all driven. Can't tell you how well the economy pack works. If you'll be doing a lot of short runs from cold starts, go for the 1.0 Ecoboost. Otherwise, the 1.6TDCI 95. Best to think of it as a practical utility vehicle rather than as a luxurious car, so stick with the cheaper versions.