Audi A6 air leak - how can I fix it?

My Audi A6 2.5 TDI takes ages to start. I suspect air in the fuel line. Any ideas where this might get in and any tips on fixing it? I

Asked on 17 March 2014 by James

Answered by Alan Ross
Well it would appear that you have a air leak. I would suggest that you check. The condition of the fuel filter/and also the fuel pipes. Especially the return (leak of pipes) and also where the leak of pipe goes back to the fuel filter.

If your engine has done many miles (100k+) then you may need to check/service the injectors. One other alternative is to carry out a diagnostic check as this may identify the problem for you as well.