I don't want to wait eight months for the new Mondeo - should I buy a Mazda 6 instead?

Crikey. Ford is quoting 6-8 months for a new Mondeo. At least, according to the second dealer I spoke to. The first was staggeringly rude. A Mazda 6 Tourer 2.0 petrol engine looks similarly good. Any advice on that?

Asked on 12 October 2013 by NT, via email

It's because Ford is in the slow process of closing down its Genk factory and moving Mondeo, S-Max and Galaxy production to Valencia. Actually, the Mazda 6 is better. I've done 10,000 miles in a 2.2d 150 Skyactiv SE-L Nav automatic and it's been fantastic. Very strong, very rigid body. No DPF problems, 51mpg and a slightly better ride and handling than a Mondeo on the Mazda’s 205/55 R17 tyres.