I don't want to wait eight months for the new Mondeo - should I buy a Mazda 6 instead?

Crikey. Ford is quoting 6-8 months for a new Mondeo. At least, according to the second dealer I spoke to. The first was staggeringly rude. A Mazda 6 Tourer 2.0 petrol engine looks similarly good. Any advice on that?

It's because Ford is in the slow process of closing down its Genk factory and moving Mondeo, S-Max and Galaxy production to Valencia. Actually, the Mazda 6 is better. I've done 10,000 miles in a 2.2d 150 Skyactiv SE-L Nav automatic and it's been fantastic. Very strong, very rigid body. No DPF problems, 51mpg and a slightly better ride and handling than a Mondeo on the Mazda’s 205/55 R17 tyres.