Dream car or Budget, which comes first? Tell us your thoughts | No thanks

Which small estate car do you recommend for covering about 10,000 miles a year?

For the last 20 years I have run a number of Volvo estates, mostly V70s but the last a Volvo V50, all diesel powered. I am now retired, and have decided it's time to change my V50 that has done 80,000 miles. I must change from Volvo as I do not want a bigger car than the V50, and that is no longer on the market. I need a suitable estate low enough to the ground for dogs to get in, for about 10,000 miles a year. Having perused all the market, there is a wide variety of options of which I have no experience. What would you recommend?

Asked on 15 June 2013 by CK, Holmfirth\

Currently the most searched and viewed road test and video on my website is for the Renault Captur, a new car you may not have considered: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/renault/renault-ca.../

But the cheapest estate car in the UK will be the soon to arrive Dacia Logan MCV, www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/dacia/logan-mcv-2013/, which makes everything else seem overpriced.