Why is there a long delivery estimate for new Hyundai Santa Fes?

I am interested in purchasing the new generation Hyundai Sante Fe. However, I have been informed that there is a six to seven month wait. As this car was released for purchase in October of last year and specifically set up for driving on English roads, I have been given no reasonable explanation as to why there should be a disappointingly long wait. Are you privy as to why this should be?

It's so good that worldwide demand exceeds supply. The KIA Sorento is the same basic vehicle, but the same may apply to that.