Can I expect much depreciation on the new Porsche Macan?

I have a new Porsche Macan diesel on order and have an early delivery slot (late April). Given it's now sold out for this year and no one has even driven it yet, do you think I could keep it for a year and suffer minimal or indeed no depreciation or is this a foolhardy expectation?

Asked on 25 January 2014 by hcsfg

The problem is that a Macan is really a development of the Audi Q5, in the same way that the Cayenne is a development of the Touareg. So how well it retains value will depend on how well it catches on. The fact it already has a full UK order book is a good omen, but a lot of these orders could be speculative, as they were for the third generation Boxster and 2nd generation Cayman, which left a lot of nearly new Boxsters and Caymans on sale at less than the full ticket price.