Should I be purchasing a new car?

I bought an Audi A4 3.0 TDI Avant in 2009 from my local Audi dealer with 60,000 miles on the clock. It's now done nearly 115,000 miles and has a full Audi service history. I think it is a fantastic car with luxuries (e.g. built in SatNav, Bluetooth, MP3) that I actually use daily.

Nothing has ever gone wrong with the car and I have not had to spend any money on repairs beyond wear and tear such as brakes/pads or tyres. However, I have a dilemma!

In this day of throw-away consumables but an emphasis on "reduce, reuse recycle" it seems counter-intuitive to replace this car. To buy something of equivalent specification now seems surprisingly pricey.

That said, I feel that some expensive repairs must me coming my way soon! I wondered what your opinion was - hold or sell?

I think you've reached the point of psychological economic entrapment in the car. Yes, it could have problems, but you may be lucky. www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/audi/a4-b6-2001/?sec...d

Yes, it would cost so much to replace it with a newer equivalent that it doesn't bear thinking about.