Which car for a tall, disabled pensioner?

I thought I'd found driving heaven when I bought my Lexus in 2010, until my average mpg became clear. I can slide into it easily, it is comfortable for my being 6'2" and disabled, with its high seat and leather upholstery.

I would like to find an economical car that I could afford as a 77 year old pensioner doing my best to be living on a part-pension.

I would to be guided towards the right car, providing its reliable and has not-too-high a mileage.

Asked on 31 May 2013 by Gok12

Probably a Toyota Verso 1.8i Vavematic Multidrive S: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/toyota/toyota-vers.../